- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, using a professional approach at all times, and placing the best interests of the client above all others.
- I will establish realistic expectations of the benefits and results of the services I will perform.
- I will treat all client information (that is not public knowledge) as confidential, and will prevent access to this information by unauthorized people. I will not take advantage of privileged information without the client’s permission.
- I will avoid conflicts of interest, or the appearance of such, and will fully disclose to a client any circumstances or interests that might influence my judgment and objectivity.
- I will refrain from inviting an employee of an current or former client to consider alternative employment without prior discussion with the client.
- I will only accept assignments in which I have the expertise and skills to perform.
- Before accepting any assignment, I will ensure a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope, work, and fee arrangements have been established.
- I will offer to withdraw from any consulting engagement when my objectivity or integrity has been impaired.
- In advance, I will fully disclose any fees or commissions that I may receive for equipment, supplies or services that I would suggest to a client.
- I will respect the individual and corporate rights of clients (and consulting colleagues) and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without proper permission.
- I will represent my profession with integrity and professionalism in my relations with clients and colleagues at all times.
*Adopted and revised from the Institute of Management Consultants’ Code of Ethics.
Learn more about the consulting services that I provide