SCRIPPS MEDIA — Knoxville, TN (Star 102.1 WWST-FM, Q100.3 WCYQ-FM, Hot 104.5 WKHT-FM, and Classic Hits 93.1 WNOX-FM) is seeking a full-time Sales Coordinator to support the sales department in day-to-day activities.
Serving the largest and most loyal audience of listeners and clients in East Tennessee–the four station group of Star 102.1, Hot 104.5, Q100 Country, and Classic Hits WNOX–offers the best training, resources, benefits, and support to its family of employees. The Knoxville group strives to maintain the highest level of excellence while staying on the forefront of the most advanced technologies. We embrace our successes and Scripps Radio Knoxville is laser-focused on future growth in each of our programming, sales, digital, and promotional departments.
- Contacts clients as needed regarding ad materials, pricing, billing or special upsell opportunities.
- May input ads into the ad order system.
- Assists in collecting and composing ad copy, maintaining account base and ensuring high customer service.
- Works closely with order entry, traffic and layout as needed to ensure clients advertising schedules are met.
- Calculate and have the ability to communicate rate packages to client and prospects.
- Assists Sales manager on all special project details including but not limited to production schedule, rate authorization and communication.
- Facilitate & process sales presentations.
- Generate sales reports.
- Identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month.
- Correctly input client billing adjustments within the same month as dispute identified.
- Attend sales training and planning meetings.
- Research problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the property and the customer needs.
- Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing, answering phones, creating correspondence and calculating rates to quote to customers when they call.
- Arranges and distributes various advertising materials and sales reports to the proper areas in a timely manner.
- Provide exemplary customer assistance.
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 – 5 years experience in administrative or sales support or a related field
Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information and creative layouts
- Must have the ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to the advertising rate packages
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must have the ability to learn new software programs such as ad order entry and customer relations management software
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Communicate and work as a team player both internally and externally
- Standard office environment
Apply at: www.scripps.com/careers
EW SCRIPPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER